Summer holidays in Zermatt

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 September 2016 at 16:18:18 #856261

Welcome to MySwissAlps Merly!

The first link does not work. If you can re-post it I will change it in your original post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2016 at 16:35:42 #856262

Hello !

Thank you very much !

Please find attached the new links :

French

https://goo.gl/forms/9 tMgbvqzHfgrtxli2

German

https://goo.gl/forms/L zHUBYZyd8UXmdUB2

English

https://goo.gl/forms/B TioiKV0QGARqLR73

Thank you again,

Regards,

Merly

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 September 2016 at 19:33:24 #856263

Great, I edited the links. All the best with your study!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 September 2016 at 1:18:55 #856264

Some of your questions are confusing or cannot be answered, in the English version.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2016 at 7:35:10 #856265

Dear Slowpoke,

Thank your very much for this information. Would you please kindly inform me which ones for you are confusing and cannot be answered ?

Thank you very much

Merly

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 September 2016 at 8:15:53 #856266

Hi Merly-

<<“Would you please kindly inform me which ones for you are confusing and cannot be answered ? “>>

Gladly.

By the way , it would be easier to answer you if your questions were numbered.

<<“How many times had you been in Zermatt before your current stay? *”>>>

I am not in Zermatt at this time. That is confusing and cannot be answered as phrased.

<<“What is your overall satisfaction with your visit to this tourist destination? *”>>

Which visit? I have been there more than once.

About several questions regarding the cost of a room in Zermatt –

I am from the USA, travel to Switzerland frequently, and think in CHF, or, as a secondary thought, in USD.

Compared to the USD, the CHF is much less strong that it was a few years ago, not stronger.

Perhaps it would be clearer if you stated more clearly at the very beginning that only citizens of the Eurozone or the UK should fill out the survey. The way that you phrase the comment about “European tourists” in my opinion can mean citizens of any country who are tourists in Europe. Also, it could mean citizens of countries in Europe where the Euro is not the currency. (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden, and the United Kingdom are EU members but do not use the euro. Admittedly, some of those currencies are linked to the Euro).

Your choice of wording certainly did not stop me from gong any further with the survey.

To answer in Euros or Pounds Sterling is very hard for me, and does not have any real “emotional” or intuitive sense of costs. A value expressed in Euros for me has no feeling of “expensive”, “cheap” or “value.” It is just a number in “funny money.”

Finally- your survey could and perhaps should include Swiss residents, because their travel patterns are influenced by a strong CHF.

<<“At what price would you consider a night in a double room in a 4-star hotel in Zermatt to be a good value for your money ?”>>

Perhaps “4-star hotel” has a specific meaning, by the standards of the SHA. However, even for myself, an experienced traveler in Switzerland, “4-star” is not well defined in my mind, and I’d have to look up what that means vs. 3-star or 5- star. My perspective may be wrong, because a citizen of the Euro-zone, Switzerland, the UK, etc., may know exactly what a 4-star hotel means.

it is good that you have designed a short survey, and have left spaces for “other” in the answers.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2016 at 9:09:21 #856267

Thank you very much !

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. As a matter of fact, the survey is mainly designed for European and UK tourists . For instance following the strong appreciation of the Swiss Franc since the beginning of 2009, the aim of the study is to show how further appreciation of the Swiss Franc could impact on mainly European and British tourism demand for hotels in Zermatt.

<<“What is your overall satisfaction with your visit to this tourist destination? *”>>

This measures the overall satisfaction with your visit to Zermatt.

<“How many times had you been in Zermatt before your current stay? *”>>>

In that question you should mention how many times you went to Zermatt in general. Maybe I should re-phrase this question in order to avoid miss-understandings.

Thank you very much again ! I will try to undertake some changes in order to make it more user friendly

Merly

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 September 2016 at 9:11:17 #856268

<<“This measures the overall satisfaction with your visit to Zermatt.”>>

Which visit? My first one, my second one……?

Perhaps you mean “visits” plural?

<<“As a matter of fact, the survey is mainly designed for European and UK

tourists . For instance following the strong appreciation of the Swiss

Franc since the beginning of 2009, the aim of the study is to show how

further appreciation of the Swiss Franc could impact on mainly European

and British tourism demand for hotels in Zermatt.”>>

I understand that, but the words at the beginning should say that more precisely, at least in my opinion. In fact, I should not have answered the survey, but the introduction did not stop me from proceeding. That could be my problem only, but I think the words you just wrote are clearer than the words at the beginning of the survey.

I know that it is not the aim of your survey to make this comparison, but further insight into the role of relative currency strength might be gained by comparing results from the USA – with recently strong USD vs. CHF – with results from the Eurozone and UK where the currencies have weakened vs. the CHF as you note.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Summer holidays in Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.