Swiss 8 day itinerary - Need advice

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
geniewho
geniewho
27 posts
Jun 5, 2014 - 3:15 PM in reply to Arno

Wow! A new twist! I thought I had finally understood the pass system and now I realise I have to get additional junior travelcards! Thanks for pointing that out Arno, otherwise I will get a surprise later on. Now back to the drawing board...

Thanks again!

Arno
Arno
12110 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2014 - 7:17 AM in reply to geniewho

Hi geniewho,

I dug into this a little deeper and checked with the Swiss railways: the rules have changed this year, and now most (but not all) regional passes allow the children to travel for free with a Swiss Family Card too. This goes for the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland you're planning to buy as well. However, the Swiss Family Card is only available with a Swiss Travel System pass. So in your case, when you have a Regional-Pass Bernese Overland AND a Swiss Flexi Pass which are both valid, it is all fine and you can use the Swiss Family Card. Sorry if I have not been clear before!

Enjoy your trips!

Last modified on Jun 10, 2014 - 7:18 AM by Arno
geniewho
geniewho
27 posts
Jun 10, 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi Arno

That's good news! :)

Thanks for all the help!

geniewho
geniewho
27 posts
Jun 10, 2014 - 6:28 PM

Hi Arno

When I buy the regional pass do I have to tell the counter which day the pass will start? E.g. if I buy pass today for use in 2 days time do I have to specify that so they start the pass 2 days later? Or I fill in the dates myself? Thanks!

Arno
Arno
12110 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2014 - 5:22 AM

Hi geniewho,

The start date will be printed on the pass, either online or at the counter. So you'll indeed make that choice while buying.

Last modified on Jun 11, 2014 - 5:23 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019