Swiss 8 day itinerary – Need advice

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2014 at 15:15:37 #839824

Wow! A new twist! I thought I had finally understood the pass system and now I realise I have to get additional junior travelcards! Thanks for pointing that out Arno, otherwise I will get a surprise later on. Now back to the drawing board…

Thanks again!

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 June 2014 at 7:17:06 #839825

Hi geniewho,

I dug into this a little deeper and checked with the Swiss railways: the rules have changed this year, and now most (but not all) regional passes allow the children to travel for free with a Swiss Family Card too. This goes for the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland you’re planning to buy as well. However, the Swiss Family Card is only available with a Swiss Travel System pass. So in your case, when you have a Regional-Pass Bernese Overland AND a Swiss Flexi Pass which are both valid, it is all fine and you can use the Swiss Family Card. Sorry if I have not been clear before!

Enjoy your trips!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2014 at 12:55:09 #839826

Hi Arno

That’s good news! 🙂

Thanks for all the help!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2014 at 18:28:21 #839827

Hi Arno

When I buy the regional pass do I have to tell the counter which day the pass will start? E.g. if I buy pass today for use in 2 days time do I have to specify that so they start the pass 2 days later? Or I fill in the dates myself? Thanks!

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 June 2014 at 5:22:23 #839828

Hi geniewho,

The start date will be printed on the pass, either online or at the counter. So you’ll indeed make that choice while buying.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The thread ‘Swiss 8 day itinerary – Need advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.