Swiss 8 day itinerary - Need advice

Swiss 8 day itinerary - Need advice

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
geniewho
geniewho
27 posts
Jun 5, 2014 - 3:15 PM in reply to Arno

Wow! A new twist! I thought I had finally understood the pass system and now I realise I have to get additional junior travelcards! Thanks for pointing that out Arno, otherwise I will get a surprise later on. Now back to the drawing board...

Thanks again!

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2014 - 7:17 AM in reply to geniewho

Hi geniewho,

I dug into this a little deeper and checked with the Swiss railways: the rules have changed this year, and now most (but not all) regional passes allow the children to travel for free with a Swiss Family Card too. This goes for the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland you're planning to buy as well. However, the Swiss Family Card is only available with a Swiss Travel System pass. So in your case, when you have a Regional-Pass Bernese Overland AND a Swiss Flexi Pass which are both valid, it is all fine and you can use the Swiss Family Card. Sorry if I have not been clear before!

Enjoy your trips!

Last modified on Jun 10, 2014 - 7:18 AM by Arno
geniewho
geniewho
27 posts
Jun 10, 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi Arno

That's good news! :)

Thanks for all the help!

geniewho
geniewho
27 posts
Jun 10, 2014 - 6:28 PM

Hi Arno

When I buy the regional pass do I have to tell the counter which day the pass will start? E.g. if I buy pass today for use in 2 days time do I have to specify that so they start the pass 2 days later? Or I fill in the dates myself? Thanks!

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2014 - 5:22 AM

Hi geniewho,

The start date will be printed on the pass, either online or at the counter. So you'll indeed make that choice while buying.

Last modified on Jun 11, 2014 - 5:23 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018