Swiss Beer

• Askswiss
    Participant
    15 posts
    30 September 2014 at 15:13:11 #806671

Hi there! Got excellent tips from myswissalps the last time. Thank you so much.

Planning my Swiss trip end Oct and will have 3 nights in Interlaken. Have been reading about what to do and found out about Rugenbräu brewery. Am keen to visit the brewery. I was wondering if the brewery is open to public and to what extent! If there are tours or just a small corner to enjoy their freshly brewed beers and some nice food to go along. From what I read, you could get Rugenbräu beer quite easily in Interlaken but I was hoping for a more memorable experience since I have never been to a brewery in Switzerland. As there are so much to see and do (and hopefully the weather is good) in Interlaken, would be very happy if I could include a visit to Rugenbräu in my itinerary. Thank you so much any any advice or recommendation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 October 2014 at 5:38:36 #841180

Hi Askswiss,

Rugenbräu beer is indeed easily available in many shops in the region. There are guided tours showing the full production facilities, but explanation will be in German only I think. More information is available on the website of the brewery: http://www.rugenbraeu.ch/ueber-uns/betriebsbesichtigung/. You may want to contact them beforehand as I’m not sure if they only do the tours for larger groups.

It would be good to hear about your experiences if you do decide to do the tour! Have fun!

physoc
    Participant
    9 posts
    1 October 2014 at 19:25:55 #841181

Get your Rugenbräu at the nearest Coop. It’s the cheapest, if that’s important to you.

Askswiss
    Participant
    15 posts
    2 October 2014 at 2:43:40 #841182

Thank you all. Will check it out when I am there. By the way, where can I get vacuum packed ‘Bündnerfleisch’? Do they sell in Coop or Migros? My last stop will be Zürich. Thank you in advance.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    2 October 2014 at 6:07:03 #841183

Hello Askswiss,

Yes, Bünderfleisch is sold in both Coop and Migros.

Have fun in Switzerland,

Olga

Askswiss
    Participant
    15 posts
    2 October 2014 at 8:23:02 #841184

Thanks a lot Olga.

• The thread ‘Swiss Beer’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.