Swiss bus timetables online?

• Brown1950
    Participant
    13 posts
    30 October 2021 at 19:25:59 #826224

Looking for a website that has a Complete bus schedules for Switzerland. The information on Google Maps is very basic but incomplete.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    31 October 2021 at 10:58:44 #937145

Hi Brown1950! All buses can be found in the advanced SBB timetable: https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable. This page also explains how to use the timetable and how to select specific modes of traveling, such as buses only. In case you prefer PFD timetables, have a look at http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/en/welcome.html.

This section might be helpful too: https://www.myswissalps.com/bus.

Brown1950
    Participant
    13 posts
    31 October 2021 at 17:51:55 #937146

Greetings Annika,

Thanks. The advanced search does not show a bus connections / schedule ( Sfazù, Fermata to Lungacqua ). The PDF’s for Graubunden show a bus route but no schedule exists. I am not sure why but it is hard to plan online when no connections are scheduled or information regarding if it is seasonal ( dates) or waiting for new schedules to be defined. At this point I might have to take this hidden gem off my list of destinations for photography. But I will try calling a restaurant or Hostel in the area and ask a local, hopefully English will be involved. 🚇

have a great week !

Michael

Anna
    6382 posts
    1 November 2021 at 11:42:12 #937147

Hi Michael,

Some bus routes are not accessible all year. If it doesn’t show up in the timetable, it probably means there are no services during that period. I did a quick look up for the bus route you mentioned and found this : http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/fileadmin/fap_pdf_fields/2021/90.703.pdf It seems bus on this route only operates between May and October. If you need clarification, best to contact Post Auto.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 November 2021 at 11:48:26 #937148

Hi Brown1950,

Anna is right. I filled out those two stops for a random date in summer (1 June 2022) and then it shows the schedule. If there’s no bus when you’re there, and the road is accessible, a taxi would be an alternative. But since Lungacqua can only be reached by a narrow mountain road, the entire road might be closed.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2021 at 1:10:53 #937149

To be fair to the Swiss, it is quite incredible that this road has a bus service at all. As a Swiss public transport expert who has travelled throughout Switzerland for 60 years and I had never seen this one before! Under the circumstances I fear you are being slightly optimistic in expecting information about such a backwater to be instantly to hand.

I can see from street view that, in fact the road is closed to all vehicles (presumably apart from local permit holders)

I’m stunned by its remoteness! The road is not even hard surfaced and is high altitude so is probably closed between October and June.

In 2021, the bus service ran between 5 June and 19 September.

Advanced reservation is obligatory

This will be one of those Swiss post bus routes that is operated by a minibus.

Brown1950
    Participant
    13 posts
    2 November 2021 at 2:47:20 #937150

Thank you 1960…(61 years young?) I will be in the area19-26.09.22. We will see about the schedule Well I certainly hope I did not infer any dissatisfaction regarding the SwissTransportation system. Research it takes time and as they say in my area “You don’t know what you don’t know”. I am trying to photograph some unique ( not touristy) destinations while in Graubunden, hence some level of remoteness is possible. This is why I like the Swiss forum as I need to use “on line” informational websites regarding various details of public transportation to specific destinations. It sounds easy in theory but there are always a few roadblocks along the way.

As you know, Swiss Public transportation is very reliable which is another reason I will not be using a car. Quite honestly I do not have any preconceived expectations regarding accessibility to areas like Lungacqua or any remote area that is off the beaten path. But when the Internet shows a bus stop I started my search for schedule details. Photographing Lago di Saoseo is an out of the way destination and would require extending my stay. However if I can find public transportation ( looks like a Mini bus) or taxi to get me to what appears to be a seasonal bus stop) from Poschiavo I wil consideri the extra time and effort required to photograph such a pristine location.

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 November 2021 at 14:48:15 #937151

Hi Brown1950! You’ve attached a beautiful picture. Just to be sure: note that it’s taken in the Jungfrau region, probably from (somewhere near) Männlichen.

Brown1950
    Participant
    13 posts
    2 November 2021 at 15:43:56 #937152

Yes Annika is correct. Yesterday’s photo is from the hike from the Mannlichen Station to Kleine Scheindegg. Perhaps 200M south of the outlook area which is attached below.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2021 at 23:37:21 #937153

You will miss the fuller service that ends on 18 September 2022. The limited service (two per day each way) to Alp Camp outside the main summer season looks similar for 2022, so you should be OK, except that the bus doesn’t wait at the top end, so you might have to wait 5 hours for the bus back.

If you want a slightly less restricted ‘backwater’ but which is still beautifully remote I recommend going to Juf, Europe’s highest permanently inhabited village. Just short of Juf is Juppa, from where you can go up ‘Marmot valley’ – my wife and I love it as there are so many Marmot’s in one place you can get great photos.

• The thread ‘Swiss bus timetables online?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.