Swiss Fall 2 for 1 not considered a Swiss Pass??

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2012 at 10:06:39 #805590

Hi, I’m stumped here when I checking tickets from Switzerland to Paris and back. I plan to get the Swiss 2 for 1 ticket and will also be doing a short trip to Paris.

When I choose the option “I have a rail pass” and select Swiss Fall 2 for 1, there is no ticket available for Lausanne to Paris. However, when I try Swiss Pass, there is ticket available and it is discounted (confirmed it when I tried using point-to-point booking). The condition for the discounted fare is “…holders of a Rail Pass covering Switzerland”. So why is Swiss Fall 2 for 1 not considered as a rail pass covering Switzerland?

I tried from Paris back to Switzerland (Basel). This time, I have 2 discounted fares – one for holder of a Swiss Pass, another one for holder of Paris Pass. I will be buying a Paris Combo, so not sure is this considered a Paris Pass. Regardless, again there is no discount for Swiss Fall 2 for 1 pass holder.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

CY

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 September 2012 at 0:54:38 #837086

Hi CY and welcome!

Where did you try to find the tickets? Was it raileurope.com? The promoted pass includes exactly the same advantages as the regular Swiss Pass. So you can choose “Swiss Pass” as well. Pass details and resellers can be found on our Swiss Pass page. Promotion details are here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2012 at 1:18:26 #837087

Hi, i use the local site http://www.raileurope. com.sg. So there is a mistake on the website? I attached the screenshots for your reference. I will hold back my booking then.

But for raileurope.com, there is only once choice Swiss Pass.

Thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    3 September 2012 at 12:18:50 #837088

Hi CY. There may be a temporary mistake there, but you can just fill out the Swiss Pass. As Arno mentioned, the 2 for 1 deal offers the exact same discounts as the regular Swiss Pass. Charges for your trip to/from Paris will thus be the same if you enter ‘Swiss Pass’ instead of the 2 for 1 variant. That’s why the 2 for 1 option isn’t even available on some websites; it just doesn’t matter. I hope it’s clear now.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2012 at 1:04:05 #837089

Thanks for the clarification.

Last question. I noted when checking for my return trip to Basel, there is no Paris Pass option for raileurope.com. I will be getting a Paris Combo pass, can this be considered for train fare discount?

Thank you.

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 September 2012 at 1:32:11 #837090

Hi CY,

I don’t know the details of the Paris Pass, but it’s for local transport, museums, etc. in Paris. I don’t assume discounts on international train traveling.

• The thread ‘Swiss Fall 2 for 1 not considered a Swiss Pass??’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.