Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Buying Swiss Family Card & Swiss Travel Passes

Buying Swiss Family Card & Swiss Travel Passes

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kirstyhaymon
Kirstyhaymon
6 posts
Sep 11, 2019 - 2:44 AM

I'm travelling with my 6 yo daughter in December/January and am trying to book a travel pass (and get the family pass for her). On all the sites you've indicated where we can buy passes, if I put in a start date of 26 December (when we arrive in country) they are trying to charge for her pass. If I enter 23 December, the family pass is free! Is there something I'm missing here?!?! Am I trying to book too far in advance, or do prices increase at that time of the year? Thanks in advance.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8838 posts
expert
Sep 11, 2019 - 3:04 AM in reply to Kirstyhaymon

Hello Kirsty and welcome to MySwissAlps,

There is no change in price for next year. See www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/overview-of-the-swiss-travel-system-passes-in-2020. It could be something to do with the duration of your pass switching over into a new year. Not sure. Sounds weird, but then websites can be.

Did you try here?

Kirstyhaymon
Kirstyhaymon
6 posts
Sep 11, 2019 - 4:06 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes I tried that site and a few others and they all had the same problem. I guess it will be ok to date the flex ticket to 23 December as we only need it for 8 days in the month. Do you think that will work ok? We depart on 10 January. Thanks again

Last modified on Sep 11, 2019 - 4:06 AM by Kirstyhaymon
Ildiko
Ildiko
818 posts
top member &
Sep 11, 2019 - 6:35 AM in reply to Kirstyhaymon

Hi Kirstyhaymon,

try the link, that Rockoyster suggested, it works for me on your desired dates. Here is the link again: https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/.

Let us know how is it goes.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8838 posts
expert
Sep 11, 2019 - 6:45 AM in reply to Ildiko

Hi Ildiko,

It only works as long as the duration of the Pass doesn’t run into January. Choose 8-days and they want CHF209 for the child. Sloppy website design and/or admin I reckon. 😞

Email them and tell them to get their act together Kirsty.

Last modified on Sep 11, 2019 - 6:47 AM by rockoyster
Kirstyhaymon
Kirstyhaymon
6 posts
Sep 11, 2019 - 7:00 AM

Haha ok will do. Will let you know how it goes ;)

Arno
Arno
14232 posts
expert &
Sep 11, 2019 - 7:02 AM

Hi Kirsty,

I see what you mean, thanks for letting us know. I will drop them a line so they can fix it. You can either wait for them to fix it (not sure how long that will take), or order here: https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/swiss-travel-pass-consecutive (be sure to first add the adult pass to your cart, then the free one for your daughter).

Ildiko
Ildiko
818 posts
top member &
Sep 11, 2019 - 11:32 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks Rockoyster, I can see it now.

Kirstyhaymon
Kirstyhaymon
6 posts
Sep 15, 2019 - 6:37 AM

It’s fixed! Thanks everyone!!! Looking forward to some of this Swiss efficiency real soon.... 😉

Annika
Annika
6195 posts
expert &
Sep 15, 2019 - 9:58 AM

Thanks for letting us know Kirstyhaymon!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020