Swiss Half Fare Card Appears Almost Blank

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2011 at 15:51:45 #804548

Hi,

I have purchased two Swiss Half Fare Cards. They look similar to a boarding pass for an aeroplane. On the left hand side of the perforation which is approximately 3/4 of the card it is totally blank except for a 8 digit number. On the right hand side of the perforation it has the dates of travel to and from for one month, a space to write your name and passport number and a space for your signature. Is it correct that there is nothing printed on the left hand three quarters of the card except for the eight digit number? On all the specimen pictures of the other Swiss Pass/cards I have seen for example there is writing all over this 3/4 of the pass.

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    4 August 2011 at 4:54:00 #833678

Hi JC! Don’t worry, that’s what a Swiss Half Fare Card looks like. As long as a the text ‘Abonnement 1/2 preis/prix’ is printed on the right side, and you can fill out your name, pass number and autograph, it’s fine. Have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 17:48:37 #833679

Hi Annika,
    Thanks for the fast reply. That has set my mind at rest.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card Appears Almost Blank’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.