Swiss half fare card by email

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2016 at 5:39:45 #809304

I am travelling with my wife and 12 yr old son to Switzerland in July. We want to purchase two swiss half fare card for me and my wife. This entitles us for Swiss family card for my son.

My queries are

‘ Can I receive card and family card on email only and use on arrival?

I am planning to board a Bernima express at Tirano. How do I validate my cards at Tirano?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 May 2016 at 7:15:52 #852436

Hello arunshejwal, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can receive the Swiss Half Fare Card and Swiss Family Card through e-mail, print it, and use it immediately on arrival. You do not need to validate it in Tirano. The easiest option is to visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the cards within 1 to 3 business days (no delivery fees).

Have a good trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss half fare card by email’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.