Swiss itinerary planning help – 7 days late June

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 15:21:43 #885677

Hi Ashasvi,

I haven’t done both peaks together but I would give yourself a 1/2 day at least. It will depend how long you end up spending on each peak – 1 hour maybe 2. You can read about those peaks in Zermatt here:

If you do both peaks, I’d stay in Zermatt just to not be too pressed for time and not have too long of a day.
    You can use the timetable to plan the trip from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch. Most people spend around 2 hours on the top.

As long as the sun doesn’t set on your train trip the views will be the same on the Golden Pass (weather aside).

Our activity suggestions for Montreux are listed here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/montreux/activit ies

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 3:47:16 #885678

Hi Ashasvi,

>> coming to the beautiful Switzerland from Singapore on 23rd June 2018 … Day 6: Zermatt: Peak to Peak

If I understand you correctly, you would be wanting to do the Peak2Peak trip on 28 June.

The Peak2Peak trip uses a gondola from Furi to Riffelberg to take a shortcut between the Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise cableway and the Gornergrat train. Unfortunately this option is only available from 30 June to 19 August 2018 (and again from 24 November 2018 until 23 April 2019).

You can still visit both peaks, but will have to return to Zermatt in between them. The Swiss Timetable will tell you how long that will take.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 4:24:05 #885679

Dear Alpenrose666. Actually I set out ti plan the itinerary in June as per the initial plans that got awry due to certain logistical issues. We are now travelling in July and plan to take the 2 peak tour on Saturday 28th July. Apologies ofr the confusion and thank you very much for the response. So if on 28th July we can takle the tour, How much time do you think we should allot? If we say left the hotel at 9, can we come back by 4 to depart Zermatt at 4:30 to Interlaken via Golden Pass?

Thanks and regards

Ashasvi.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 7:56:31 #885680

>> So if on 28th July we can takle the tour, How much time do you think we should allot?

Sorry, I’m not sure, as I can’t find any timetable that incorporates the shortcut on the gondola.

I would time it just using the usual routes up and back from each mountain, and add about 20 minutes for walking between the two valley stations, and whatever time you want to spend on top. That will give you a rough idea to start with.

Then you could ask in Zermatt when you are there.

Alpenrose

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The thread ‘Swiss itinerary planning help – 7 days late June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.