Swiss panoramic train routes by local trains

• Agniman
    Participant
    16 posts
    8 October 2020 at 5:28:36 #825709

First of all thanks to all admins and moderators for creating such beautiful and informative website . From SBB website I found that many intercity trains and local trains runs on bernina express , golden pass express ,glacier express routes . how is the idea if i travel that routes changing intercity trains & local trains.

Thanks …. in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 October 2020 at 12:40:30 #934367

Hi Agniman,

first of all, thank you for your feedback and appreciation on MySwissAlps. I am glad you found this forum and the MySwissAlps pages informative.

Yes, you can travel on the panoramic routes by local trains. Sometimes you need to change more often if you travel by regular trains and the train won’t be the same level of comfort but the route and the landscape will be the same. 🙂

On these pages you can read more about this topic (look for the “Regular trains versus …” part):

Are you going to have a rail pass?

I hope I’ve answered your question,

Ildiko

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    9 October 2020 at 14:39:39 #934368

Thank you for asking this question

If any forum member has travelled on the route by normal train, request to share experience

If you have Swiss Travel Pass, you are not required to pay for reservation and fare if you travel by normal trains. Also it will be beneficial for tourists on budget. One more question is that how to travel from Tirano to Lugano since you have not taken tickets for Bernina Express (month of May)

Thanks

Anna
    6382 posts
    9 October 2020 at 16:55:26 #934369

Hi Schroffchetan,

Travelling from Tirano to Lugano is possible with the Bernina Express bus. You don’t need a ticket if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. But you do need to pay a supplement to book your seat on the bus. You can reserve your seats here: Bernina Express seat reservation

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Swiss panoramic train routes by local trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.