Reservations Glacier Express with Swiss rail pass

Reservations Glacier Express with Swiss rail pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
rshah1
rshah1
66 posts
Jan 29, 2017 - 8:10 PM

I booked a 8 day swiss rail pass for June. How do I make seat reservations for glacier train to Zermatt

Rekha

Arno
Arno
9648 posts
expert &
Jan 30, 2017 - 9:07 AM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rekha, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Our Glacier Express page provides the links you need: myswissalps.com/ glacierexpress/ tickets. If you have purchased the Swiss Travel Pass, the ride is free and you indeed only need the seat reservation.

rshah1
rshah1
66 posts
Jan 31, 2017 - 11:44 PM

I checked the timetable and it is asking me to put destination and time. Don't understand. I have no idea what glacier train to take from St. Moritz to Zermatt.

Rekha

Arno
Arno
9648 posts
expert &
Feb 1, 2017 - 12:52 PM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rekha,

Yes, the reservation will be for one particular train, so you need to pick a date and time. Did you try the link at the bottom of the page I referred to? It should be a straightforward process. In case of issues, please let me know your travel date and the problem that occurred, and I'll look into it.

rshah1
rshah1
66 posts
Feb 2, 2017 - 1:42 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno

I am taking glacier train from St. Moritz to Zermatt in the morning on 6/3. as there are many platforms i could not decide. 9am train will be perfect.

link shows many stations

thx

Rika

Arno
Arno
9648 posts
expert &
Feb 2, 2017 - 2:27 PM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rika,

I'm afraid I don't fully understand your issue. What do you mean by "many platforms"? I you go to the link as described in my previous post, you will see clear "from" and "to" boxes. All you need to do there is select St. Moritz and Zermatt. Then, on the next page you will see the available trains (often just one to three trains). You can book from 3 months before the travel date, so from March 3 in your case. I don't think the 3 month limitation applies if you book through www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /panoramic-trains, but they are working on their site and currently you can't fill out from/to stations. Will be fixed soon I guess.

Last modified on Feb 2, 2017 - 2:27 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
9648 posts
expert &
Feb 2, 2017 - 5:35 PM in reply to Arno

The Happyrail site works fine now, they fixed it.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017