Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2011 at 12:02:40 #804461

Greetings:

I am a US national and I am in India on vacation. We are planning to stop in Switerland on the way back to the US. I have decided to purchase a Swiss Saver Pass but the only option in front of me is to buy it online from RailEurope in India. I am being told that the country of residence is indicated on the pass and it will say “India”. I reside in the US.

When I try to activate the pass in Switzerland and show them my US passport as identification will they invalidate my pass since it would have teh country of residence as India?

I have not purchased the pass yet.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 July 2011 at 15:49:20 #833406

Hi training55,

I don’t think RailEurope will print the country of residence on the pass, so in that case it would not be a problem. But as I’m not 100% sure about that, please ask them before ordering. If it turns out to be a problem after all, you can pick one of the other purchase options on the Swiss Pass page. Buying locally or though STC would not be a problem in your case.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2011 at 16:58:22 #833407

Thanks for the tips. The other two options on your link would not ship the pass to India. So, I am forced to use RailEurope in India.

I am pretty sure RailEurope told me they will write the country of residence on the pass but I have sent them another email.

It was not very clear from your response if you thought it would be a problem when I try and activate the pass in Switzerland if teh country of residence is written as India and I use a US passport for identification. Can you please clarify?

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 July 2011 at 17:22:21 #833408

Hi training55,

STC will ship to India as well. As for RailEurope India: I don’t think it will be a problem, but my advice is to ask them about it through the link I provided.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.