Swiss Pass enquiry – 4 days in Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2016 at 4:54:55 #810432

Hi everyone,

It’ll be our 2nd trip to Swiss and very much excited to be returning. This time around, we’ll be bringing our 2 year old daughter. I’ve searched high and low really to calculate the best of prices, but some of the minor trips (cable car, etc) varies from one source to another.

Here’s our itinerary for the 4 days we’re there:

Day 1 – Zurich to Interlaken (Base at Interlaken) Arrival at 3pm est.

Train to Harder Kulm

Boat to Thun

Day 2 – Trip to Grindelwald. (Gonna skip Jungfraujoch)

Cable car to First

Zip Line, Bike trotting, etc.

Day 3 – Trip to Lauterbrunnen

Take Grutschalp

Trip to Schilthorn

Day 4 – Off to Basel – Paris

Well, basically that’s it. My question would be:

1. Which 3 days would you suggest I pick for my 3-day Travel Pass?

2. And would a travel pass be worth it versus a half fare?

(I’ve calculated between a swiss pass and half fare, its confusing!)

3. Would there be any kids park/activity for 2 year old for any of the mentioned location I’ll be in?

4. Is there any discounts going around for Singaporean travellers? (:

Can’t wait to go back this marvellous country. Would love to hear your suggestions and ideas. Dankeschön! Many thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2016 at 10:03:28 #857361

Hello,

For your daughter there is a very nice playground near Bort. Bort is the half way station on the cablecar Grindelwald to First. You can out there on your tour to/from First.

greetings Brahms

Annika
    7116 posts
    10 December 2016 at 14:10:43 #857362

Hi khuskhus, good to hear you’ll be returning to Switzerland! When will you be visiting?

As for your questions:

1/2. A 3 day Swiss Travel Pass is best used for day 1, 2 and 3, with additional tickets for day 4. A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass might be easier though. I can’t directly tell which option is better for your plans. Good you’ve been doing the math; it’s really the only way to tell for sure. It’s quite a task indeed. Did you use these tips and the downloadable Excel sheet? They both contain lots of tips and links to help you find the fares you’re looking for.

4. All discounts are listed here, and on the “Promotions” tabs of each of our pass pages, e.g. myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/promotions. New promotions will also be announced in the rail forum.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2016 at 14:50:35 #857363

Hi Brahms! Noted on Bort. Will definitely put that in. Thanks buddy.

Hi Annika. We’ll be there in April.Great advice! Will definitely try the excel sheet. Totally forgot there’s a 4 days pass. Silly me. Can I also check:

Do the passes give me coverage for :

1. Train to Grindelwald.

2. Cable car to First.

3. Grutschalp Cable car.

4. Trip to Schilthorn. Can I make my way from Grutschalp to Schilthorn?

Many thanks. (:

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 December 2016 at 15:22:20 #857364

Hi khuskhusm,

You can best download the map from the Swiss Travel Pass page Annika referred to. Everything covered can be found there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2016 at 10:35:44 #857365

Yes, you can walk in Murren from the small railwaystation trough the nice village (with great vieuw on the mountains) to the cablecar station off the Schilthorn bahn.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2016 at 16:49:09 #857366

Thanks Arno and Brahms. (:

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass enquiry – 4 days in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.