Swiss Family Card – child listed with wrong name

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 10:58:09 #816776

Hi guys, first of all i am posting first time but i have been following this forum for over a month and planned my trip with the help of all great advices. you guys are awsome!

I am visiting switzerland for 4 days in july and my query is about family card. i booked 4 day swiss pass 2 days ago through rail europe website for 2 families in one transaction.

2 adults and 1 child for me and 3 adults and 1 child for my sister. now when i received pass via email i can see both child are linked to my sisters name but actually both child should be linked to their parents name like my childs family card should my name but its showing my sisters name.

now my concern is that will i be still able to use this family card for my son as i will be also traveling in whole trip with him or this can create issues and i need to get it corrected, and if i need to then where i can get this corrected like when i land in zurich airport or before reaching zurich?Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 15:54:10 #888904

Hi Anwer36 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don’t think this will be an issue if you are all always traveling together (but it could be).

I’d contact the company you bought the tickets from and ask them to change the names and re-issue tickets. If they can’t or won’t for whatever reason, you can get new Swiss Family Cards issued at a Swiss railways office when you arrive.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 20:07:04 #888905

Hi,

It happened to me too

I emailed SBB, they told me to buy another pass, email them the new pass number, and within 14days they refunded me for the old wrong pass. They did charge me 10CHF though

KabsMY

• The thread ‘Swiss Family Card – child listed with wrong name’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.