Getting Swiss Family Card upon arrival possible

• kedsrups
    Participant
    11 posts
    19 May 2019 at 18:37:42 #821727

Hi All

I have purchased swiss pass for family of 4 – 2 adults and 2 kids (I have got the tickets on my email address) and am travelling on 25th May 19

Do I need to purchase seperate family card or can I get one at the Spiez train station

Thank you

Kedar

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 May 2019 at 21:30:21 #912746

Hello Kedar,

The Swiss Family Card is a free add-on to any Swiss Travel System rail pass. You can request one when you order such a pass. If you forgot to do so you can get one at staffed Swiss rail stations. I don’t know how you are getting to Spiez but if by rail you might want to pick up the family card at you point of entry into Switzerland rather than at Spiez.

Don’t rely solely on the passes being on your phone. You should also keep paper copies handy during your travels.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

kedsrups
    Participant
    11 posts
    19 May 2019 at 21:40:33 #912747

thank you very much

Regards

Kedar

• The thread ‘Getting Swiss Family Card upon arrival possible’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.