Swiss Pass & Golden Pass: Lucerne / Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2012 at 11:01:11 #805557

Although I have read some of the other forum discussion on using Swiss Passes on the Golden Pass train, I have the inquiries below.
    We are a group of 4 people that have purchased 4-day Swiss Passes (2nd class), and would like to travel round-trip between Lucerne and Interlaken in late September on a day trip from Lucerne.

From other forum discussions, I find that our Swiss Passes are good for travel on the Golden Pass train during our 4-day Swiss Pass, and that reservations are not required, but recommeded, correct?

Does the round-trip travel count as complete use of 1 of our 4 days on the Swiss Pass, excluding all other use of the Swiss Pass on that day? I ask based on other reading (not on this forum) that may suggest such a limitation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    22 August 2012 at 10:15:31 #836995

Welcome to the forum, txtravelers! You’re right about seat reservations for the Golden Pass. Trains may still be pretty occupied by late September, so if you want to be sure of good seats, I would arrange for reservations if I were you. As for the use of your Swiss Pass: the pass will cover the entire trip (except for the additional seat reservation fee). Making the trip doesn’t exclude further traveling the same day. The Swiss Pass offers free traveling throughout the country during all full 4 days, and you can get wherever you want on the entire validity network (to be downloaded from the Swiss Pass page).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2012 at 17:51:15 #836996

Hi,

Can you please let me know whether Swiss Pass covers the cable way up to Mt Rigi in Lucerne as I’ve seen in the Swiss travel system network map that the black line symbols for cable is free??
    (http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity)

Also, Does Swiss Pass cover the trip by boat on the Lucerne Lake? I just want to get advantage of Swiss Pass, not only for the train within Switzerland.

Thanks a lot,

Duong

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 August 2012 at 2:34:34 #836997

Hi Duong,

The lines are explained at the bottom of the map. The white lines are boats that allow unlimited use with your Swiss Pass. The black solid lines are cable cars for unlimited use as well (that indeed includes the Rigi). The black dotted lines are cable cars with a 50% discount.
    It seems that you’re looking at a slightly older version of the map in German only. I would recommend to download the latest one from our website like Annika explained. The lines are explained in English there.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 August 2012 at 5:11:13 #836998

Duong, may I request to open a new topic if you have further questions about this? Your question is not related to this topic. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2012 at 5:28:12 #836999

Thanks mod,

I’ve got the answers already. If I have further question, I will need your help in new topic 🙂

Many thanks again,

Duong

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass & Golden Pass: Lucerne / Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.