Swiss Pass on DB ICE trains inside Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2014 at 15:05:40 #806567

Hello,

I have tickets from Frankfurt to Basel Bad Bf on Deutsche Bahn (DB) ICE. From Basel Bad bf I need to go to Interlaken Ost. The same DB ICE goes to Interlaken Ost. I have Swiss Pass. With my Swiss Pass can I continue my journey on DB ICE up to Interlaken Ost? Or do I need to get off at Based Bad bf and change to a Swiss train?

In other words, is Swiss Pass valid on other country’s train (DB, TGV) within the border of Switzerland? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 August 2014 at 8:15:17 #840814

Hello confi999,

It does not matter which company owns or operates the train. All you need to check is which routes are covered by the Swiss Pass. You may travel in any train on such routes. A map can be downloaded from our Swiss Pass page.

Your route is covered and you can stay seated. Your Swiss Pass needs to be validated before you can travel with it. You can either validate it yourself or have the staff of the train from Germany to Switzerland do it. Make sure it has been done before you reach the border. The process is explained here.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2014 at 8:51:36 #840815

Thank you, Arno. Nice clarification.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass on DB ICE trains inside Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.