Swiss Pass or Individual Tickets?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2012 at 9:54:03 #805480

Hello,
    I need some advice on which Swiss rail pass to purchase with regards to my itinerary. Would really appreciate if anyone can help me out ๐Ÿ™‚
    7th Oct โ€“ Arrive at Zurich Airport @ 9.30am. Plan to head straight to Zermatt. One night stay in Zermatt.
    8th Oct โ€“ Hike nearby Zermatt. Late evening depart for Lauterbrunnen. Arrive Lauterbrunnen by night. One night stay.
    9th Oct โ€“ Hike Grindelwald. One night stay in Lauterbrunnen.
    10th Oct- Hike Wengen or Murren. Evening, Depart Lauterbrunnen for Lugano ( purpose of going to Lugano is the Foxtown
    Outlet Mall Shopping. One night hostel stay in Lugano?
    11th Oct โ€“ Shopping at FOxtown. Depart to Milan in the evening.

I read that the theres a 1 for 1 promotion for the 4-day Swiss Saver Pass. After discount, me and my friend will be paying CHF 226 per person for 2nd class travel. Im wondering if this is the cheapest way for both of us to travel ( with the idea that we fork out additional money to pay for our last day travel on 11th Oct)
    Or, would it be cheaper if we just buy individual tickets for trains+cable cars?
    Looking forward to some replies ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Kylie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    30 July 2012 at 5:21:17 #836747

Hi Kylie, and welcome the forum. The 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass is definitely your best choice. Actually, youโ€™ll only pay CHF 226.00 for the both of you, not per person!

Youโ€™ll have to buy a regular ticket for your trip to Milan on October 11, but since youโ€™re already close to the Swiss/Italian border you wouldnโ€™t really profit from your Swiss Pass that day anyway. So using your pass for October 7 to October 10 would be perfect. Prices for your trip to Milan are available in the timetable.

• The thread โ€˜Swiss Pass or Individual Tickets?โ€™ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

Weโ€™re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annikaโ€™s 20-minute e-mail course, โ€œSwitzerland for beginnersโ€. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.