Swiss Travel Pass promo Australia does not work

• John_Mahbub
    Participant
    8 posts
    24 March 2019 at 14:12:01 #820573

My wife, my 4 years old kid & I will travel to Switzerland on June. Currently a promotion is going on at raileurope.com.au. I tried to purchase ‘5 days continuous PROMOTION’. When I select ‘2 adults & 1 Free family Card’, it doesn’t allow me to purchase and a message appears saying ‘No matching passes found’. But when I select only 2 adults, system allows me to proceed to purchase. I know 4 years old children are free.

Question: If I purchase pass for my wife & me only (without including my kid’s name in the pass), will there be any problem for my kid to travel with us?

Regards, John

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 March 2019 at 14:56:53 #907447

Hi John,

I got the same error so they may have a technical issue right now. I’ll get in touch with them and see what I can find out. There won’t be a problem if you buy the pass for you and your wife only, as you can visit a staffed train station in Switzerland to get a free Swiss Family Card there. You will need to present your passes and passports.

More about this promotion can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/extra-travel-days-on-the-swiss-travel-pass-promo.

Luke
    Participant
    105 posts
    24 March 2019 at 16:47:01 #907448

And kids 5 and under don’t need any pass or ticket anyway. 🙂 Happy travels!

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 March 2019 at 18:13:00 #907449

Thanks Luke, you are so right! John, going to a station won’t even be necessary.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 March 2019 at 7:46:24 #907450

Hi John,

Just want you to know that Rail Europe is looking into the issue you reported here. But as said, it is no problem for you anyway.

Enjoy your trip!

John_Mahbub
    Participant
    8 posts
    25 March 2019 at 7:57:19 #907451

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass promo Australia does not work’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.