Swiss Travel Pass validity and trip to Bern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kapil gosain
Kapil gosain
11 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 2:00 PM

Hi Experts,

Let me start with first saying thanks to the site and moderators. This is my third post here and it has immensely helped me in planning my visit to the T and also in the most economical way using the rail pass. Had a couple of queries for you please

1) my TGV tickets are from Paris to Zurich. Can I get down at Basel rather? I have read that they do not mind you getting before but I was asking it again for an expert's opinion. I have the swiss pass for 4 days. SO I guess it will cover me taking any train from Basel to Lucerne.

2) Will the Swiss Rail pass also include my tickets from Lucerne to Berne?

3) I have an evening free in Lucerne and have already planned all for lucerne. Was hoping to go to Berne for an evening and check out the beautiful place. Is it worth going to Berne for 3 hours and what would be your recommendations to see there on a Saturday evening say from 6 to 9 PM.

Thanks again for all the help

Lucas
Lucas
9846 posts
expert &
Jul 1, 2018 - 4:13 PM in reply to Kapil gosain

Hi Kapil,

1. Yes, no worries about getting off the train early. Your Swiss Travel Pass covers the trip to Lucerne
  2. Yes - see coverage area of the Swiss Travel Pass here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity
  3. Yes, I like Bern (https://www.myswissalp s.com/bern) quite a lot. I'd walk through the old town from the train station to the Restaurant and Brauerei Altes Tramdepot. You might be lucky to see the bears below at the Bärengraben.
Last modified on Jul 1, 2018 - 6:25 PM by Annika
Kapil gosain
Kapil gosain
11 posts
Jul 2, 2018 - 1:12 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks...

Berne it is then for 3 hours..

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018