Swiss Pass:Overnight train from Zurich to Salzburg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2012 at 7:52:12 #805113

Always thank you for your good infomation.
    I have a swiss pass and can I use it even to reserve overnight train from Zurich to Salzburg without other charge?
    And if so, where is the website to reserve it for swiss pass holders?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    14 April 2012 at 11:04:07 #835559

Hello stonehui,

You can check the details of your journey by Euronight train from Zürich to Salzburg through the Swiss Timetable. Just fill out Zürich and Salzburg as stations of departure and arrival, the date and time of departure etc.. If you click on Fare/Buy you’ll see the relevant information, including the route the train will take (click on the “plus” right under the number of the connection of your choice).

With a Swiss Pass your journey will be free to the Swiss border station (Buchs SG). From there to Salzburg you will have to pay.

You’ll have to make reservations for the whole journey as you travel by international train.
    Making reservations will possibly be included in the fare. This becomes clear when you follow all the steps of ordering your ticket.

I hope this helps!

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    14 April 2012 at 13:51:52 #835560

Hello stonehui,

In addition to my previous post:

During the proces of ordering your ticket for the train that leaves at 22.40 you’ll see step 2. Passengers and Reduction for Switzerland.
    Here you’ll have to enter GA 2 cl 1 year/GA subscription or GA 1 cl 1 year/GA subscription (depending on the class you have your Swiss Pass for).
    The GA (General Abonnement) is equal to your Swiss Pass and the Swiss leg of your journey will automatically be deducted from the total fare.

Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2012 at 20:32:59 #835561

Thanks a lot!!!!!!! Your info was really helpful because I wanna know about the section of GA 2 cl 1 year/GA subscription . I finally could finish the reservation there. Thanks !!!!!!

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass:Overnight train from Zurich to Salzburg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.