Swiss Rail – Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2014 at 18:30:05 #806413

Can I get a non-stop train from Murren BLM to Interlaken OST or do I need to make a connection? I would be traveling in late morning in July. Do I need to make a resevation on this train? I already have a 15 day Swiss Pass for second class travel.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 June 2014 at 18:37:11 #840126

Hi fancyl,

If you fill out your trip in the online timetable you will see all connections in detail. In short: take a train to Grütschalp, then the cable car down to Lauterbrunnen, and finally a train to Interlaken Ost. The two switches may seem complicated, but it’s actually very easy.

You don’t need reservations and the trip is free with your Swiss Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2014 at 18:58:46 #840127

Annika – Reference Murren to Interlaken Ost, am I taking a cable car to Gruschalp and train to Lauterbrunnen and eventually Interlaken Ost? Also, does this cablecar/train connection run on Wednesday which is my departure date? I am having trouble readking your timetable.

Another rail queston: I will take a train from Zurich Airport to INterlaken Ost in late AM of 22 July. Do you have a link to a timetable fro trains from Interlaken Ost to Wilderswil?

Arno
    15481 posts
    3 June 2014 at 4:42:02 #840128

Hello fancyl,

The train/cable car combination runs every day. If you fill out your departure and arrival station, as well as your travel date/time, the timetable will show the options. Click the plus icon of a connection to see all details. If there is something specific that does not work for you, please let me know what it is so I can help. The same timetable also shows Interlaken Ost to Wilderswil and every other trip in Switzerland.

Kind regards,

Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2014 at 1:18:39 #840129

Do you recommend train reservations when I take the train from Zurich Flughafen on 22 Jul to Interlaken Ost at about 10am and return trip on 30 Jul from Interlaken Ost to Zurich Flughafen at about noon? Do I have to make reservations for each train for each leg of the trip? Also where do I activate my Swiss Rail pass when I first use it? Is this done at Zurich Flughafen?

I have a second class Swiss rail pass.

Arno
    15481 posts
    5 June 2014 at 11:32:25 #840130

Hi fancyl,

You don’t need reservations. See the reservation page Annika linked to in her June 2 post. If your pass needs to be activated (it does if there’s no travel date on it and if there’s space for a stamp), you can have it done at the rail station of Zurich airport.

• The thread ‘Swiss Rail – Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.