Swiss Saver pass for 15 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2010 at 6:39:31 #803844

Hi

i need some help for planning my trip to Switzerland. 30th june to 11th july 2010

1) what are the charges if i have (Swiss Saver pass for 15 days) for a trip to Jungfrau & Titlis if i book from India i get it @ 108 & 53 chf /pp respectively.

2) what are the charges if i want to do the chocolate train with the Swiss Saver pass.

3) if i am staying @ Evian les bains, a) is the ferry also discounted on the swiss saver pass? b) are there any ferries to montreux.

4) I am planning to stay in interlaken for 5 nights in an apartment i booked thru interlaken.ch its in wilderswil a 3 star apt. how safe is it for travellers?

sorry for so many question but this is my first trip to switzerland and i want it to be perfect.

Really Appreciate all your help!!!
    Fatema

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    5 June 2010 at 10:45:54 #831346

Hello Fatema and welcome to the forum! As for your questions:

1) To find out whether your Swiss Saver Pass allows free travelling and/or discounts for a specific trip, you can best study the map at the Swiss Pass page (follow the link ‘Overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid). The trip to the Jungfrau is discounted by 25% from Grindelwald and/or Wengen. A price overview for the Jungfraujoch railways is available at Jungfrau railways website (click ‘Customer Centre’ > ‘Individual fares’ and select the point from where you’ll start / to which you’ll return). A 50% discount applies to the cable car from Engelberg up to Mt. Titlis. Fares can be found on the Mt. Titlis website. It’s easiest to just purchase your discounted tickets at the spot.

2) With your Swiss Saver Pass, the chocolate train ride itself will be for free. You do have to pay a reservation fee.

3) Boat rides between Evian les Bains and Montreux (via Lausanne) are for free with your Swiss Saver Pass. More information, including timetables, is available at the GGN website.

4) I’m not sure what you mean with your last question. Could you clarify this? If you’d like to know if Interlaken and Wilderswil are safe villages for travellers: yes, as far as I know they are in general. I’ve never experienced anything awkward there. Interlaken is larger, more crowded and quite touristy. Wilderswil is a smaller village just south of Interlaken. It’s quite popular with tourists as well, but more quiet. Both villages are clean, beautifully situated and well adapted to tourists. Does this answer your question?

• The thread ‘Swiss Saver pass for 15 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.