Swiss Transfer Ticket Geneva - Basel - Geneva

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
aeffland
aeffland
3 posts
Sep 8, 2016 - 4:02 PM

I'm arriving at Geneva airport and taking a train directly to Basel for overnight, but want to return to the downtown Geneva station the next day. Can I use a Transfer Ticket for that?

Arno
Arno
12134 posts
expert &
Sep 8, 2016 - 4:20 PM in reply to aeffland

Hi aeffkand, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, absolutely. Both the airport and the main station qualify as entry/exit points. You can print the Swiss Transfer Ticket at home to save on shipping costs: please visit www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick "Online Ticket" from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the ticket (no delivery fees) within 1-3 business days.

Have a good trip!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
aeffland
aeffland
3 posts
Sep 8, 2016 - 6:03 PM in reply to aeffland

Great, thanks. I will be arriving on Sunday morning (Sept 11)--would that be cutting it too close?

Arno
Arno
12134 posts
expert &
Sep 9, 2016 - 8:47 AM in reply to aeffland

Hi aeffkand,

Yes, unfortunately you are too late to buy a Swiss Transfer Ticket. You will have to buy a regular ticket in Geneva.

aeffland
aeffland
3 posts
Sep 9, 2016 - 2:48 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks. At least now I know about this option for when I next come back :-) Appreciate the help and advice!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019