Swiss Transfer Ticket Paris to Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
KushalDave
KushalDave
10 posts
Mar 31, 2016 - 6:01 AM

Hi,

My flight arrives and returns from paris. (13th July arrival and 24th July Departure). I plan to spend 4-5 days in switzerland. I want to know if I can buy a swiss Transfer ticket ( www.myswissalps.com/sw isstransferticket ) to travel from Paris to Some city in Switzerland (say Lucerne) and return back after 7 days to paris. The swiss transfer ticket mentions the following:

"A few rail and bus routes crossing the border allow free traveling too.Examples are EuroAirport (France) to Basel, Martigny to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc (France), Brig to Domodossola (Italy) and Domodossola to Locarno;"

KushalDave
KushalDave
10 posts
Mar 31, 2016 - 6:15 AM in reply to KushalDave

Just checked that the transfer ticket is just valid from Basel airport and not Paris.

I am checking the TGV lyria fro Paris to Basel costs a lot (Considering I am booking for 8 people (5 adults 3 youths), the travel cost is coming to 34 Euros per person. Is this the cheapest possible direct train? Can I buy some pass to reduce/get discounted ticket price?

Arno
Arno
13973 posts
expert &
Mar 31, 2016 - 6:51 AM

Hi KushalDave,

Yes, you're right: the Swiss Transfer Ticket is only valid from the Swiss border or a Swiss airport to any town in Switzerland. Lucerne is not that far from the border and a Swiss Transfer Ticket would not be cost effective for that.

€ 34 for TGV Lyria tickets is a very good price. I've seen them for € 25, but that's about the cheapest possibility. The price depends on the travel date/time and booking date, so booking early and being flexible helps. Please see myswissalps.com/ traintickets/ france for more information. As you live in India you can check raileurope.co.in/train /tgv-lyria for prices, or any of the other retailers listed here: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france/ price.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 3:18 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019