Swiss Transfer Ticket Paris to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2016 at 6:01:30 #808765

Hi,

My flight arrives and returns from paris. (13th July arrival and 24th July Departure). I plan to spend 4-5 days in switzerland. I want to know if I can buy a swiss Transfer ticket ( http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstransferticket ) to travel from Paris to Some city in Switzerland (say Lucerne) and return back after 7 days to paris. The swiss transfer ticket mentions the following:

“A few rail and bus routes crossing the border allow free traveling too.Examples are EuroAirport (France) to Basel, Martigny to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc (France), Brig to Domodossola (Italy) and Domodossola to Locarno;”

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2016 at 6:15:59 #850059

Just checked that the transfer ticket is just valid from Basel airport and not Paris.

I am checking the TGV lyria fro Paris to Basel costs a lot (Considering I am booking for 8 people (5 adults 3 youths), the travel cost is coming to 34 Euros per person. Is this the cheapest possible direct train? Can I buy some pass to reduce/get discounted ticket price?

Arno
    15482 posts
    31 March 2016 at 6:51:25 #850060

Hi KushalDave,

Yes, you’re right: the Swiss Transfer Ticket is only valid from the Swiss border or a Swiss airport to any town in Switzerland. Lucerne is not that far from the border and a Swiss Transfer Ticket would not be cost effective for that.

€ 34 for TGV Lyria tickets is a very good price. I’ve seen them for € 25, but that’s about the cheapest possibility. The price depends on the travel date/time and booking date, so booking early and being flexible helps. Please see myswissalps.com/ traintickets/ france for more information. As you live in India you can check raileurope.co.in/train /tgv-lyria for prices, or any of the other retailers listed here: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france/ price.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket Paris to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.