Swiss Transfer Ticket and TGV Lyria

• petegold
    Participant
    2 posts
    15 August 2015 at 19:28:21 #807762

Hello All,

My Family(myself, my wife and my 11 year old son) will be traveling to Zermatt from Paris for a week in January 2016. And ultimately departing from Zurich.

My question is can we make reservations for the TGV service from Paris to Lausanne and then stay on the same train/same seats (seasonal service) to Visp using the Swiss Transfer Ticket?

I did a brief search and have not been able to find an answer.

Thank you

Pete

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 August 2015 at 7:51:32 #845382

Hi Pete,

The Swiss Transfer Ticket covers any trip from the Swiss border to your destination (Zermatt in your case). So you only need a TGV ticket from Paris to Vallorbe. From there you can stay seated and the trip is covered by the Swiss Transfer Ticket. Please see here for how the ticket works, where to buy it, etc.

I am not sure about a direct train from Paris to Visp. There might indeed be one in Winter, but the timetable for January is not available yet. Anyway, if there is such a train the above procedure should still apply.

petegold
    Participant
    2 posts
    16 August 2015 at 16:41:35 #845383

Thanks so much for your reply.

There was a direct seasonal TGV train on saturdays from Paris Gare De Lyon to Brig last January. Im assuming there will be one again .

Thanks again

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket and TGV Lyria’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.