Swiss Transfer Ticket or Swiss Travel Pass Flex?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2016 at 2:58:33 #809109

Hi!

We will be arriving into Geneva from France on 26 September. Our plan is to travel via train the same day to Zermatt, where we will spend 4 days. On 30 September we will travel via train to Zurich, and we fly out of Switzerland the next day. We will have less than 24 hours in Zurich.

My questions are:

1. Can we do this on the Swiss Transfer Ticket? Or would our return trip have to be back to Geneva? (i.e. can we do: Geneva – Zermatt, Zermatt – Zurich on the Transfer ticket? Or would we have to do Geneva – Zermatt, Zermatt – Geneva?)

2. If we can do this on the Swiss Transfer Ticket, is this the best option? Or would it be better to get the Swiss Travel Pass Flex so that we can get discounted and/or free transportation within Zermatt and Zurich?

Thanks so much for your help!

Rebecca Connett

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    6 May 2016 at 6:16:32 #851615

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Rebecca Connett!

Yes, the Swiss Transfer Ticket can be used from/to different destinations, so Geneva-Zermatt and Zermatt-Zurich are fine. It’s explained here. In your case I recommend the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi, as that allows you to receive a 50% discount on trips made during your stay in Zermatt as well. This will probably be cheaper than the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. You can do the math if you want to make sure.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket or Swiss Travel Pass Flex?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.