Swiss Transfer Ticket purchase issue -2018

• rogerp
    Participant
    2 posts
    6 October 2017 at 23:26:53 #813454

Hi

I need to purchase 4 Swiss transfer passes for the 1st week of January 2018. However when I go online and enter any date after 31st December 2017 a message informs me that no tickets are available? I am assuming that tickets can only be purchased a certain number of days in advance?

However given my travel is in around 80days i would have expected to be able to purchase them by now? Can anyone help me when i may be able to purchase them (online).

Thanks Roger Australia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2017 at 5:36:08 #870698

Hi rogerp and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You don’t mention where you were trying to buy the Swiss Transfer Tickets. We have several retailers we recommend noted here– have you tried those?

I’m not sure why you couldn’t buy the pass now for January 1 (perhaps a different retailer will offer them now) but I assume it may open up in the coming weeks.

There would be no rush to buy them – they can’t run out. You can also have the emailed to you to print at home so I would not worry about ordering them a week before travel if need be.

rogerp
    Participant
    2 posts
    7 October 2017 at 9:49:41 #870699

Hi Lucas

I am trying to purchase the Swiss transfer pass online in Australia from the Swiss rail web site.

Regards

Roger

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 October 2017 at 10:48:40 #870700

Hi Roger,

Indeed the SBB web shop at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en does not have prices for 2018 yet, so you can’t order. I expect that to be fixed mid to end of October. As far as I know none of the other websites listed on the page Lucas linked to has that limitation. Be sure to also check the Promotions tab of that page. Rail Europe Australia charges more for the same ticket but offers discounts up to AU$ 120 if you spend a minimum amount. If that’s not interesting I would just wait until later this month.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket purchase issue -2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.