Swiss Transfer Ticket purchase issue -2018

Swiss Transfer Ticket purchase issue -2018

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
rogerp
rogerp
2 posts
Oct 6, 2017 - 11:26 PM

Hi

I need to purchase 4 Swiss transfer passes for the 1st week of January 2018. However when I go online and enter any date after 31st December 2017 a message informs me that no tickets are available? I am assuming that tickets can only be purchased a certain number of days in advance?

However given my travel is in around 80days i would have expected to be able to purchase them by now? Can anyone help me when i may be able to purchase them (online).

Thanks Roger Australia

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Oct 7, 2017 - 5:36 AM in reply to rogerp

Hi rogerp and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You don't mention where you were trying to buy the Swiss Transfer Tickets. We have several retailers we recommend noted here- have you tried those?

I'm not sure why you couldn't buy the pass now for January 1 (perhaps a different retailer will offer them now) but I assume it may open up in the coming weeks.

There would be no rush to buy them - they can't run out. You can also have the emailed to you to print at home so I would not worry about ordering them a week before travel if need be.

Last modified on Oct 7, 2017 - 5:37 AM by Lucas
rogerp
rogerp
2 posts
Oct 7, 2017 - 9:49 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas

I am trying to purchase the Swiss transfer pass online in Australia from the Swiss rail web site.

Regards

Roger

Arno
Arno
9658 posts
expert &
Oct 7, 2017 - 10:48 AM in reply to rogerp

Hi Roger,

Indeed the SBB web shop at www.swissrailways.com/ en does not have prices for 2018 yet, so you can't order. I expect that to be fixed mid to end of October. As far as I know none of the other websites listed on the page Lucas linked to has that limitation. Be sure to also check the Promotions tab of that page. Rail Europe Australia charges more for the same ticket but offers discounts up to AU$ 120 if you spend a minimum amount. If that's not interesting I would just wait until later this month.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017