Swiss Transfer ticket question

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 January 2011 at 4:40:39 #804095

I was planning to get a Swiss Transfer ticket for my ski trip to Wengen (flying in to Zurich), however I’m not sure if I’ll be able to – as my return flight is too early on saturday morning to get the train that day from Wengen, instead I’ll need to get the train from Wengen to Zurich on Friday night to stay there and then fly out saturday morning – so this means the return leg of my trip back to zurich airport will be broken up with an overnight stop in zurich – is this possible on the swiss transfer ticket?

if not, what kind of ticket should I get? I’m guessing even a normal return might not be valid, as my outward trip is zurich airport-wengen, whereas my return is wengen-zurich (overnight) then on separately to the airport in the morning.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 January 2011 at 12:33:09 #832106

Hi sw4geoff,

You can use the Swiss Transfer Ticket to travel from Wengen to Zurich on Friday. You would travel via Zurich to get to the airport anyway, so in fact you would just make the return trip but not complete it. The ticket would indeed not be valid the next day for Zurich – Zurich airport, but that’s just a 10 minute trip that costs a few francs. You can even book a hotel near the airport so that you can complete your return trip on Friday.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer ticket question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.