Swiss Travel Pass for boats

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2015 at 10:00:41 #807597

Use of the Pass is mentioned for trios on boats, where can one find the boat timings and where exactly can one use the pass on a boat ride. non of the cruises have this option

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    21 July 2015 at 15:00:21 #844626

Hi Patcat133,

The Swiss Travel Pass map shows which boats are included. Links to timetables can be found on our boat trip pages. All boats are also included in the nation wide timetable: first fill out where you want to go (A to B), it will show the quickest connection (usually the train). Then refine your search by choosing your preferred mode of transport: boats only.

I’m not sure what you mean by “non of the cruises have this option”. Note that you don’t need to book boat trips in advance. Just show up with your Swiss Travel Pass and board the boat. If my answer is not sufficient, please let me know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2015 at 21:55:43 #844627

Hello Patcat

We are in Switzerland at the moment and have been spending a lot of time on boats (in an attempt to keep cool!!). We have a Swiss Travel Pass and just show it to the boat personnel when they come round to check tickets. So far we have been on Lake Thun, Lake Brienz. Lake Lucerne and a trip from Kreuzlingen to Schaffhausen on the River Rhine. we have a first class pass which I must say has been very useful as the boats seem very busy probably everyone else trying to keep cool as well. Even the upper deck was busy today on Lake Lucerne so I advise you to turn up in good time to ensure a good seat.

Maggie

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for boats’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.