Swiss Travel Pass – Zermatt to Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2017 at 7:28:18 #813523

Dear,

I wanna ask how to use my swiss travel pass 8-days to purchase a free train travel from zermatt to basel on 19/12/2017 ??

I have try to practice the booking by changing the date on 20/10/2017 at sbb.ch website (as the train ticket on 19/12/2017 not yet in advance sale list), and i realized that i unable to search for swiss travel pass in the discount box (only found half-fare travel card/GA travel/ junior card)

If i’m not mistaken, the swiss travel pass did cover the entire route (free transportation) from zermatt to basel. I did some reserch on some forum about how to use the pass. It said Swiss travel pass holder just board and show the pass (printed version) to the train controller for validated purpose only (no need the purchase any ticket)

Please kindly explain if any wrong to me.

Many Thanks

Mr. Thong

Malaysia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 October 2017 at 8:44:12 #871056

Hello Mr Thong and Welcome to MySwissAlps Forum,

The good news is you don’t need to buy a ticket if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. You just hop on the train and go. Keep your STP and passport handy to show the conductor if requested.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2017 at 11:51:49 #871057

Dear Rockoyster,

Thanks for your info.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – Zermatt to Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.