Guttannen to Grimsel with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2016 at 8:13:41 #808974

Hi

i have a plan to buy Swiss travel pass. I tried to see timetable on sbb website from Guttannen to Grimsel , it said that there is a bus 171. But it said that it needs reservation.

is this is right or maybe I did not understand.

regds.

bashnaini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2016 at 14:56:09 #851060

Bus travel is free using Swiss Travel Pass. You do not need a reservation or anything. You can board the bus from the front door and show your pass to the driver (most of the times they don’t even ask). In case (thought this won’t happen) it’s some special bus or othewise, you can directly buy a ticket from the driver.

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 April 2016 at 15:40:43 #851061

Hi Bashnaini,

I checked for a random date/time and found bus 161 which only requires a reservation if you take along a bike on the bus. Please check the timetable for your date and time. If a reservation is required for any bus or train, it applies to all travelers regardless of which pass/ticket they have.

I hope this helps!

• The thread ‘Guttannen to Grimsel with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.