Swiss Travel Pass and Chillon Castle

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2016 at 8:52:52 #809968

Hi There,

I’m Rupesh and I will be travelling to Switzerland on 21-25 October. My flight lands in Zurich at 11.30 on 21st and I was planning on buying the 2 Swiss travel pass for 22,23 and 24 Oct for me and my friend. So my question is can I buy the Pass at Zurich HB on 21st for the next three days or do I have to buy the pass on the day I intend to start using it.

Also is there a discount at Chillon Castle with Swiss Pass?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2016 at 15:13:07 #855458

Hi Rupesh, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The entrance to Chillon Caste is free with a Swiss Travel Pass. You can buy the pass at the airport or Zurich HB, but it’s much more convenient to simply buy online and print the pass at home. You can select the start date. This will prevent you from waiting for a ticket office, and you’ll pay a bit less as well. As you live in the UK, please visit http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 3 business days (no delivery fees).

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Chillon Castle’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.