Swiss Travel Pass – Buying at station/POS

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2016 at 8:43:48 #809124

Hi,

I’m scheduled to travel to Luzern for a 4 day trip, starting 10th may. I’ll be travelling from Frankfurt to Basel. I was looking for Swiss Travel Pass online in swissrailways.com, but it shows “start date” of pass only from 12th May onwards. So now how do I buy the pass? Is there any POS where I can buy directly or at the railway station in Basel?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 May 2016 at 12:25:18 #851681

Welcome to MySwissAlps sarkar!

They need a few days to process orders, so it’s too late to buy through them. As you live in India you can still buy through http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-travel-pass-82, and get a discount using the promo code “MSA800INR” (see here). Alternatively you can buy in Basel. Get off the train there, go to the service desks, and take the next train onward.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – Buying at station/POS’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.