Swiss Travel Pass & customer number for discount

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2017 at 19:44:52 #810922

Hi,

We are 4 people travelling in mid march – Couple, my son of 10 year and my niece.

I purchased 15 days consecutive Swiss Travel Pass through rail Europe site(print @home option) for 2 adults. However for utilizing the pass for reservation / discount etc, I need a 10 digit customer number (asked at SBB.Ch site). From where will I get it?

I have my niece travelling with us ( will be 13 on the date of travel), do I need to take a pass for her too or she can be accommodated in the family pass. Also what is the process of converting your swiss travel pass to family pass?

For intercity travel (Zurich to Milan), do I need to take a reservation from Zurich itself or can travel to a border town and than change trains.

Please guide.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2017 at 21:22:40 #859451

Hi Manish1m,

You do not need a number for reservations and you do not need reservations at all on Swiss trains except for a select few panoramic trains – so don’t worry about that!

You may be confused with the Swiss Pass (locals only) vs. the Swiss Travel Pass. This page explains everything.

Both children can travel under the Family Card. If you didn’t get one at the time you purchased your Swiss Travel Pass you can get one at any staffed SBB train station in Switzerland by showing them your Swiss Travel Pass.

For travel to Milan you do not need seat reservations nor will you be changing trains at a border town (there are many direct trains to Milan from Zurich everyday). Simply go online and buy a ticket for travel from the Swiss border (Chiasso) to Milan and show that on-board after you have left Chiasso.

Does that help you with your rail pass questions?

Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass & customer number for discount’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.