Swiss Travel Pass discount for Schilthorn trip

• Ahurst0783
    Participant
    13 posts
    1 July 2022 at 18:18:48 #827659

Hello,

I was trying to buy my tickets for Schilthorn online in advance so I wouldnt have to worry about trying to figure out how to do it on the fly and possibly miss some early connections… but SBB wants to charge me full price for the tickets and I don’t see any option for getting my 50% discount. Unfortunately my Swiss Travel Card is not registered to SBB which I heard means it cannot be. Additionally, I don’t believe the train station will be open before the times we want to get there so I don’t think we will be able to get them from there.

Long story short, how can I get my tickets in advance online the day before the excursion?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Ahurst0783
    Participant
    13 posts
    1 July 2022 at 18:33:07 #943857

I saw an option to buy as a print at home ticket on MySwissTravel but I do not have access to a printer unfortunately. Would the .pdf file that they email me work for the Schilthornbahn for example?

Anna
    6355 posts
    1 July 2022 at 19:49:27 #943858

Hi Ahurstto783,

Did you manage to purchase the discounted tickets to Schilthorn online?

You can do it here: shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/en/product/excursionSchilthornMurren

The eTicket is delivered to your email. As long as you have the QR code, it will be valid for travel.

Regards,

Anna

Ahurst0783
    Participant
    13 posts
    1 July 2022 at 19:52:10 #943859

Yes I did thank you. Our TravelersWifi router hasn’t been connecting to our phones so we have had a hard time finding out information on the fly. Luckily we have had some help along the way but we have been trying to plan better in advance and learning some things by trial and error haha. Thank you!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass discount for Schilthorn trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.