Swiss Travel Pass Flex – when to pick travel days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2016 at 23:49:40 #809803

My husband and I are spending 3 weeks in Switzerland arriving May 21, 2017. It appears the 15 day Swiss Flex will work best for us. Do you have to select your 15 free days at time of purchase, or can you decide each day while in Switzerland? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 August 2016 at 8:18:39 #854777

Hi seibs, welcome to MySwissAlps!

While ordering, you only need to pick the very first day you can (not must) use the pass. The travel days can be decided as you go. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex/ price for the websites selling the pass.

Enjoy your travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2016 at 12:52:39 #854778

Hi.

I just returned from 16 days of travel in Switzerland. I was going to buy the Flexi pass but then. Decided to buy the Swiss travel pass. I was very happy with my decision. We spent 3 nights in Zurich, 3 in Bern, 4 in Geneva, 3 in Lucerne and 2 in Grindelwald and the last night near Zurich airport. I also spent the 2 first nights in a little town outside of Lucerne. I decided to start the pass on the first day I travelled to Zurich. This meant that whilst we were in each town we could use the pass to do day trips out of the city’s.

It it all depends on what your plans are. I would also suggest you download the SBB app if you have an iPhone. It’s amazing when organising your trips.

have a great time

jacquie

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex – when to pick travel days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.