Swiss travel pass flex with Combi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2016 at 21:46:46 #810126

Hi,

we are going to Switzerland beginning of October and have the Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi 4 days. Is it possible to use the Combi 50% off for a boat trip and NOT have that count as a “rail” travel day? At least that’s how I read it. Correct? We are staying in Brienz.

thanks for your help, we leave the USA for Germany 9/26/2016 and will be in Brienz Switzerland on 10/06/2016 for 4n/5d.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 September 2016 at 4:40:52 #856078

Hi rainman,

Yes, that will work, as long as you start and end using your pass with a free travel day: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ howtouse.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2016 at 5:03:47 #856079

Arno, thanks. What are your thoughts on the Combi pass(50%off)… I’m debating if I should get that with my 4 day Swiss travelflex pass or not.

We would like to go to Jungfraujoch, and maybe Schynige Platte & First… And your personal opinion do you think it’s worth the extra money to get the 50% off Combi pass??

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2016 at 5:21:05 #856080

Am I correct in reading that with any Swiss travel pass the boat ride on Lake Brienz is free?

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 September 2016 at 5:50:28 #856081

Well, in general the Swiss Travel Pass Flex (Combi) is too expensive for most itineraries. Most people are better off with a regular Swiss Travel Pass, and perhaps a single ticket at the start or end of their trip if the number of pass days doesn’t match the itinerary. The only way to tell is by doing the math. In fact the Combi pass will be discontinued in 2017 because not many people buy it.

In your case a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass may work. You can print that one at home: visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees) within 1-3 business day (so order today if you can). You can use the Notes field to explain when you need to receive it at the latest.

Schynige Platte and the boat rides are free with a Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

• The thread ‘Swiss travel pass flex with Combi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.