Swiss Travel Pass: cogwheel to Pilatus included?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 10:50:56 #816217

Hello,

I would be travelling with my parents to Switzerland next week. I’m planning to take a Golden round. I have my swiss travel pass for 3 days. I have following questions:

1. Is the trip from Alpnachstad to Pilatus with Cogwheel included in the pass? If no, then what are the alternative to get to Pilatus with Swiss travel pass?

2. During round trip, the trip from Pilatus to Fräkmuntegg with cable car, is that included too in swiss travel pass? f no, then what are the alternative to get to Pilatus with Swiss travel pass?

3. In the portal somewhere it was mentioned that from Fräkmuntegg change to Gondola for reaching Kriens? So, is the Goldola included in the swiss travel pass?

Regards,

Rohit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 15:36:25 #886277

HI Rohitkumargu and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. The cogwheel train is discounted 50% with the Swiss Travel Pass.
    2. Same as above. You take 2 cable cars: Pilatus to Fräkmuntegg and another to Kriens. The whole trip is one ticket and is also 50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 18:45:58 #886278

Thanks for your reply Lucas.

1. Do you know, how much would cogwheel & cable car trip cost after 50% discount?

2. Second day, we also travel to Muerren from Lauterbrunnen via cable car. Will that also be 50% off or included in Swiss travel pass? And how much would it cost if not included?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Rohit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 18:58:39 #886279
    1. The timetable will show you the cost for any trip you make. The first price you see is the half fare price so double that and then take off your discount. Also there’s a link to price at the bottom of http://www.myswissalps.com/pi latus/tickets.
    2. The link I gave you on my last post shows what routes are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. That route is fully covered.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 5:09:37 #886280

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply.

As you pointed out, I found this:

Kriens/Alpnachstad-Pilatus Kulm-Kriens/Alpnachstad : 36€ (for travel with swiss pass). Is this for the entire Golden round i.e. cogwheel during ascend & cable car during descend?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 8:38:54 #886281

Yes that is correct: Kriens/Alpnachstad to Pilatus back to Kriens or Alpnachstad.
    Kriens is the cable car route and Alpnachstad is the cogwheel train (same price).

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass: cogwheel to Pilatus included?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.