Any Swiss Travel Pass promotions for September?

• Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    14 June 2017 at 16:39:39 #812266

My husband and I are traveling to Switzerland in September and will be buying the 15 day Swiss Travel Pass. I see that there is a current promotion where we can save $90. I also saw a few months ago a promotion for 30% off. Obviously, that is long gone but it was definitely a more lucrative promotion. I know that you don’t know when there will be promotions but based on your experience since we are traveling during a high peak time; is it less likely that a promotion like that will come along again?

Thanks for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    15 June 2017 at 18:31:10 #865121

Hi Pickergal,

That’s really hard to tell. I’d say it’s indeed less likely that new promotions like the 30% off offer for September come along, but we can’t tell for sure. As soon as we know about any discounts, we’ll list it at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/promotions, at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/promotio ns and announce it in the forum. You still have time to wait and see. As long as you order about 1 week before departure (even print-at-home orders need some processing time) you’ll be fine.

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    15 June 2017 at 19:12:53 #865122

Thanks Annika. It is indeed a chess match trying to decide when to buy our tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2017 at 2:43:56 #865123

We will also be there in September. Buying 4 travel passes. Can I ask where you seen a discount on these? I understand it’s no longer available but where could I begin to look for future sales?

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2017 at 6:05:13 #865124

Hi, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> Buying 4 travel passes. Can I ask where you seen a discount on these?

They are listed and announced here in the forum. Annika provided the link in her post above.

Alpenrose

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    16 June 2017 at 13:12:41 #865125

2017 vacay,

When you go to myswissalps.com, hit the link “how to travel”, then “rail passes”, then “rail pass promotions and discounts”. Any available promotions will be listed there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2017 at 18:51:09 #865126

Thank you so much! Very helpful.

• The thread ‘Any Swiss Travel Pass promotions for September?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.