Swiss Travel Pass – required identification

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2016 at 4:31:22 #809994

Hello, I am a Romanian national who wishes to purchase a Swiss Travel Pass (for 8 days) online, and I was wondering if I can use my national ID card to purchase and use a Swiss Travel Pass?

I noticed that it requires a passport number when trying to order the passes online and I would like to know if I can substitute the passport number for my national ID number.

Thank you and I hope you have a great day!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 August 2016 at 5:03:19 #855548

Hi silviudima,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! No problem, a European national ID card will work as well. Please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. Next, they will ask for the ID numbers. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees) with 1 to 3 business days, so you can print it at home.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – required identification’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.