Mar 17, 2018 - 12:08 AM
This is a followup to my previous thread that has been closed. Based on all of your excellent suggestions, we've decided to buy a Swiss Travel Pass for other travel in Switzerland (including the Glacier Express). We're trying to figure out the last leg of our journey from St. Moritz to Rome - using the Swiss Travel Pass for part of the travel. Our goal is to take the fastest route and not the Bernina Express - all on trains without having to sit for a long time on a bus.
1. On the map, it looks like the Swiss Travel Pass is valid from St. Mortiz to Tirano to Lugano. Is this true with regular trains or only the Bernina Express?
2. Or is there a better route to make better use of the Swiss Travel Pass for part of the travel to Rome? Again, we're trying to take the fastest route.
3. Is it important to make reservations from St Moritz to Lugano?
4. If you recommend reservations, how can we book a train from St. Moritz to Rome while still being able to use the Swiss Travel Pass for only part of the trip?
4. If we only need to make reservations for the non-Swiss Travel Pass portion, how much time do we need to change from the "Swiss Travel Pass Trains" to the other trains? Of course, we prefer to not have to physically run from one train to the next with luggage.
Thank you again for your help.