Switzerland in August 2022 – 9 full days

• AmalHamdan
    Participant
    5 posts
    20 June 2022 at 2:11:35 #827550

I would love some advice in preparing my itinerary for my first time visiting Switzerland this summer. I am excited and super overwhelmed! We are arriving in Geneva on August 4 and departing from Geneva on August 14, giving us a full 9 days to explore.

Note: We are two adults, renting a car and have not chosen where our stays will be. Our issue is, do we book one or two stays in the main region and drive each day from there? We don’t mind driving max 2-3 hrs from our stays. We LOVE greenery, alps, views, etc!

The places we’d love to visit are: Interlaken, Gruyere, Lauterbrunnen, Zermatt, Wengen, Lucerne, Grindelwald, Corippo, Morcote, Valle Versazca, Seealpsee, Appenzall, Murren, Zug, Lake Brienz, Geneva, Annecy.

Your thoughts? Is it too ambitious?

Thanks so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    20 June 2022 at 3:01:16 #943428

Hi AmalHamdan,

You might be able to see everything on your list in 9 days if you plan your routes carefully.

Here’s a sample itinerary to give you some ideas: 8-day driving tour

Also, you can find some useful tips here: grandtour.myswitzerland.com/en/

Be sure to read this before your trip: Practical information about Travelling by car in Switzerland

Hope this gets you started.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Switzerland in August 2022 – 9 full days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.