Switzerland in June 2013

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 January 2013 at 22:44:17 #805763

Hi – I will be traveling to Europe in June 2013 and plan on staying in Switzerland for 4 days/4 nights. Could you please recommend the top 5 things to see in 4 days ? I will be in Venice prior to my arrival in Switzerland and will be traveling to Salzburg after my stay in Switzerland. Appreciate if you could also suggest the best way to travel to/from Switzerland – train or rental car ? There will be 3 in my party including my wife and my 4-year old son. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    24 January 2013 at 4:23:42 #837952

Hi ronith1023! I’d definitely travel by train if I were you. The Swiss transportation system is very punctual and comfortable and there are lots of wonderful scenic routes. A Swiss rail pass limits the costs of your travel expenses. Which one is best, depends on your plans. This FAQ may serve as a starting point. The timetable will be of help too.

A top 5 is very personal of course, and depends on where you plan to stay. I’m not sure what you’re interested in (hikes, scenic beauty, train or cable car rides, boat trips, museums, culture?) and whether you want to travel through the country or pick just one town as your base. Could you be more specific about your preferences?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2013 at 21:05:37 #837953

Hi Annika – I am most likely going to stay in the Interlaken area and take day trips. I like a combination of scenic places, train/cable car rides and day cruises/boat trips. Also, is it even worth going to the Alps in June ?
    Thanks for your response.

Annika
    7124 posts
    27 January 2013 at 3:51:03 #837954

Hi ronith1023! June is a great time; most viewing points are accessible by then, but it’s not yet the peak of the tourist season. Since you’ll be staying in Interlaken, this list of day trips will help you out. Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch are generally considered to be true highlights. Also consider the train rides up to the Brienz Rothorn and Schynige Platte. Bad weather alternatives, including the Beatus caves, Trümmelbach falls and Aare gorge are described there too. You may also want to browse this forum for other visitors’ travel reports.

• The thread ‘Switzerland in June 2013’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.