Taxi in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2014 at 14:08:01 #806360

Hello,

I had one doubt. We are 4 adults travelling to Switzerland in July. I wanted to know how many people max do the taxis in Switzerland take? For e.g if we need to take a taxi from the train station to our hotel in Montreux would we need to take two taxis (2 people each) or would it be 1 taxi ( with 3 behind and one with the driver in front). Not sure how it works over there.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 May 2014 at 17:00:53 #839942

Hi deepab,

This is not from practical experience but as far as I know most taxis can take 4 people at the most. However, if you also have lots of luggage this may not work. If you just contact them up front and tell them about the number of people and suitcases, they can send a bigger car if required. A list can be found on montreuxriviera.com. Your hotel may offer free or paid transport services to/from the rail station as well.

• The thread ‘Taxi in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.