Tell Pass Oct 2015 - Dates issue on website

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 21, 2015 - 8:57 PM

HiI am traveling to Switzerland lake Lucerne region during Oct and plan to avail a 5 day Tell Pass.Dates: 22nd Oct - 26 Oct.Issue: When I go to the website to book my tickets, despite selecting a 5 day tell pass option, the website only shows 4 days validity - which appears to be an issue.

Website Message: This pass is valid from Thursday, 22 October 2015 to Sunday, 25 October 2015. I have already raised email questions on the website - no response. Any suggestions ? ( as I would like to pre-book and print @home)www.tellpass.ch/en/sum mer/ticketshop/

https:/ /freizeit.sbb.ch/cart/ reservation/0

Last modified on Sep 21, 2015 - 8:59 PM by vgrover83
Arno
Arno
13979 posts
expert &
Sep 22, 2015 - 5:53 AM

Hi vgrover83,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I don't know what's wrong with the site you mentioned. I also tried a 10-day pass and those dates are wrong too. You might receive a correct pass if this is just a displaying problem, but I'm not sure.

The points of sale we recommend are listed on the Tell-Pass page. In your case you can buy it through www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/ regionalcentralswisspa ss.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 12:02 PM by Arno
vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 22, 2015 - 7:45 AM in reply to Arno

Hi

Thanks a lot for the quick reply -> Do we know if anything is planned in Lucerne region on 25th or 26th Oct which may mean no services /no pass validity on that day ?

I was keen on doing at Print@Home to avoid any last minute hassle, but I guess with this dates display issue on website it is better to wait.

regards

Vishal

Arno
Arno
13979 posts
expert &
Sep 22, 2015 - 7:52 AM

Hi Vishal,

I'm not sure what you mean by your first question. As for the pass: you can buy it through the link I gave you. There are no date issues on that site.

vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 22, 2015 - 1:10 PM in reply to vgrover83

Hi

I tried this link but this does not have an Print@Home or E-Pass option. I could only see the following options while trying to purchase:

www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/ regionalcentralswisspa ss

Types of delivery

— TNT Express (Shipments cannot be delivered to PO boxes)— Regular registered mail— Swiss Express - please allow up to 2 days— airport_description

Let me know if I am missing something.

If not, then are you aware of any sites/retailers offering the Print@Home or e-Pass option ? Please advise.

Thanks

Vishal

Arno
Arno
13979 posts
expert &
Sep 22, 2015 - 1:17 PM

Hi Vishal,

That's correct, the print at home option is not available yet for this pass. It will be shipped to your home address, or you can collect it from a Swiss airport. Also you can have it shipped to your hotel in Switzerland. That's the cheapest option.

vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 24, 2015 - 2:51 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno

Thanks a lot for your quick feedback. Much appreciated. I will go ahead and order it from the website so that these are shipped.

Just need one more suggestion: based on your past experience do you expect any promotions to come for Tell Pass for Oct in the coming weeks ? (as we see many promotions for Swiss Pass)

Have a good day.

regards

Vishal

Arno
Arno
13979 posts
expert &
Sep 24, 2015 - 3:00 PM in reply to vgrover83

Hi Vishal,

I do expect a promo for next Winter, like the one of last year (see here), but not for the coming weeks. I could be wrong, but I don't expect it.

vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 24, 2015 - 3:02 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno for your prompt feedback.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019