Can I show Tell Pass on my smart phone?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2019 at 20:01:58 #823828

Hello,

My wife and I will be traveling to Zurich and then Luzern next week. We plan to make our base Luzern for 4 nights. We have already purchased Tell Passes for the two of us, and I have printed them out. Is it possible to somehow get these already purchased Tell Passes onto our smart phones? If so, would anyone know how it is done? Thank you for any help you can give.

Joe

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 September 2019 at 21:48:04 #922100

If you have the PDF, that you printed the pass from, stored on your phone you should be able to just show that. The bar/q-code is the key thing. I would always carry the paper copy as well though. Just in case you get a flat battery or officious conductor.

I’ve never used the Tell Pass so I’m assuming it works much the same as the Swiss Travel Pass in this sense.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2019 at 15:49:33 #922101

Thank you, that worked! I will still have the paper passes as well.

Thanks again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2019 at 16:12:03 #922102

Hi Oldhophead,

I am happy it worked for you.

In the meantime I’ve contacted them, they suggested to take the printed version with you. As perhaps not all of the partner transportation companies accept the Tell Pass on the smartphone.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2019 at 16:19:35 #922103

Thanks for the help! I am not sure if this is allowed in this thread, or if I need to start a new thread, please instruct me otherwise if so. Is it possible to to do this excursion in one day? Lucern to Flugen by boat, then train back along shore of lake to Vitznau, up to Rigi, down to Arth-Goldau, then to Zug, and finally back to Lucern, and I am assuming we may use the Tell Pass for all, according to the map of validity. Thank you again.

Joe

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 September 2019 at 19:59:42 #922104

Hi Joe,

That excursion is certainly covered by the Tell Pass assuming you mean Flüelen not Flugen. 😉

A train runs alongside the lake as far a Brunnen. If you want to stay close to the lake all the way to Vitznau then you need to take a bus.

Seeing you will be at Brunnen can I suggest you visit Schwyz and ride the unique funicular to Stoos.

You would need to check the timetables to determine if you are comfortable covering all you plan in one day.

• The thread ‘Can I show Tell Pass on my smart phone?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.