The Aletsch Glacier and the Ice Palace

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2012 at 17:43:57 #805564

Greetings all,
    On my 4 days trip in Interlaken, i would spend one day for Trümmelbach waterfalls and Jungfraujoch.
    I would take a train from Interlaken west to Jungfraujoch station, then from there how will reach to Top of Europe,
    Is it via cog wheel train ??

then where are these places are :
    >> Aletsch Glacier
    >> Sphinx hall
    >> ICE Palace

How do i reach these above mentioned places??

One more important quesiton : what would be the temperature in the Snow mountain in Summer (at the end of this month), should i take winter cloths too ??

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    23 August 2012 at 5:15:33 #837017

Hi Ameen. Yes, that’s a cogwheel train. You’ll find directions to the Glacier, the Sphinx and the Ice Palace once you arrive at the train station at the top. They’re all close to the station, requiring just a few minutes of walking. A warm jacket, solid shoes and sunglasses are important. Even in late August temperatures may be around freezing point.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2012 at 10:32:26 #837018

Thanks Annika,
    just one precision,I found the stations are like :
    Interlaken West –> Interlaken Ost –> Lauterbrunnen –> Kleine Scheidegg –>Jungfraujoch

The question is :
    The Jungfraujoch station itself a Top of Europe station ?? or from there, do i have to take any other train to reach Top of Europe ?

regards

[quote]Annika said: Hi Ameen. Yes, that’s a cogwheel train. You’ll find directions to the Glacier, the Sphinx and the Ice Palace once you arrive at the train station at the top. They’re all close to the station, requiring just a few minutes of walking. A warm jacket, solid shoes and sunglasses are important. Even in late August temperatures may be around freezing point.[/quote]

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 August 2012 at 4:58:04 #837019

“Top of Europe” is just another (tourist) name for the Jungfraujoch. So that’s the final destination of the train.

• The thread ‘The Aletsch Glacier and the Ice Palace’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.