The dotted or dashed lines on SWISS PASS map

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2015 at 18:49:01 #806909

Hello,

I am preparing a long journey in Switzerland considering the 14 days Swiss Travel Pass as the best option. I thought the dashed lines on railways as being 50% covered by the pass, as the explanations on the legend show. Between Airolo and Goschenen, Bever and Preda, Oberwald and Realp and so on, I understood that have to pay extra.

I refer only to the railway, saw the cable cars, funiculars and other and know about that discount. My query is about that dotted or dashed lines on RAILWAYS, what means ?

Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    23 February 2015 at 5:37:31 #841815

Hi edinu10,

The routes you mentioned are included for free. It is explained here: myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity.

There is no 14-day pass, but there is one for 15 days. Please go to the Swiss Travel Pass page for all the details. Check the Price and Discounts sections of the page too.

If questions remain, feel free to ask!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2015 at 10:42:29 #841816

Hello Annika,

Thank you for your promptitude! Yes, the Swiss pass is for 15 days, I was thinking at my booked nights in Switzerland.

Another query, please:

On Lugano Lake are all the ordinary boats trips covered by Swiss pass? The white lines show Ponte Tresa to Porlezza not having Lugano connection in the middle. We’ll have our hotel in Lugano.

Our best regards!

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 February 2015 at 16:48:07 #841817

Hi edinu10,

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid on all the boats. The line on the map just doesn’t show all the stops.

Kind regards,

Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2015 at 16:56:34 #841818

Much obliged!!!!

• The thread ‘The dotted or dashed lines on SWISS PASS map’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.