The must see 8 Day Itinerary – April 2012

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2012 at 5:33:46 #805065

Have read so much that I am really confused as to what all should I include in my 8 day itinerary. However, have framed a bit and every help will be welcomed. I am visiting Switzerland in the first week of April 2012 and have opted for Interlaken as my base. Please see a tentative schedule below. These are just day plans. I would be doing these as per the weather conditions.

Day 1 – Arrive in Zurich by noon. Day to explore Zurich.

Day 2 – Leave for Interlaken after visit to the Lindt Chocolate Factory. After reaching Interlaken, visit Thun and Spiez. Specially a trip to the St Beatus caves.

Day 3 – Can you please guide me how can I use the Golden Pass Line to cover Jungfraujoch and Trummelbach falls. Also, should I get invest time in exploring the cities while coming back – Wengen, Lauterbrunnen, Kleine Scheidegg

Day 4 – Day trip to Mt Titlis and Lucerne.

Day 5 – Bern and Basel in a day.

Day 6, 7, 8 & 9 (I have a late night flight to take on Day 9 from Zurich) – For these days should I plan covering the Glacier Express or the Golden pass panoramic train ? Are these journeys really worth it ?

Also, how about visiting Geneva and Montreux in a day ? Is this doable. Also, how about the visit to Cheese factory and Chocolate factory in Montreux ?

Should I plan to do these on my empty days or something more interesting to see.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2012 at 2:26:57 #835345

Dear Moderator/ Fellow Travelers,

Can I get some input sooner as I would be traveling in next 4 days.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    27 March 2012 at 5:57:26 #835346

Hello Prachi,

Everyone gets an answer here, sometimes it takes a little time.

As for your questions: I don’t have all the answers, but I’ll try my best.

Day 1 – Looks fine.
    Day 2 – Visiting the Chocolate Factory in Zürich, then leave for Interlaken and visit Thun and Spiez seems a lot to me for one day, especially if you want to visit the Beatus caves as well. If I were you I would skip one or two of your plans. I don’t know how much time you want to spend in the Chocolate Factory, but it will take you about two hours to reach Interlaken.
    Day 3 – If you want to reach Jungfraujoch and Trümmelbach falls from Interlaken, you can’t use the Golden Pass Line. Kleine Scheidegg isn’t a city (just a railway station, hotelc etc., but with beautiful views!, Wengen and Lauterbrunnen are rather small but nice to see. So, it depends on your time schedule whether you can take the time to look around there. Starting the day rather early would make things easier.
    Day 4 – Looks fine and is all doable.
    Day 5 – Bern and Basel in one day can be done too, but also here I wonder how much time you want to spend in those cities. Travelling times can be found on the Swiss Timetable. If you really want to explore both cities, it might be a bit much.
    Days 6, 7, 8 and 9 – Journeys with the Glacier Express or Golden Pass Line are absolutely beautiful. And because you consider visiting Geneva and Montreux, the the Golden Pass line would be my first option. Again, visiting the Cheese Factory and the Chocolate Factory in Montreux: it can be done, but it depends on the time you want to spend there, the same goes for visiting Geneva and Montreux on one day.

Yes, there’s a lot more interesting to see :-). If you browse a little, starting from the home page of this website, you will find lots of hiking tips and day trips.

I hope this helps and I wish you a very nice trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2012 at 6:09:31 #835347

Can i use the Golden Pass Line while doing Mt. Titlis ???

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    27 March 2012 at 6:16:30 #835348

Yes you can, from Interlaken to Luzern. Please check the Timetable or the site of the Golden Pass Line for more specifics.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2012 at 6:52:28 #835349

I checked the day trips option available on the Homepage, instead of doing those what other cities are must a see or spectacular like St Moritz or any other option you could suggest ?

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    27 March 2012 at 7:22:28 #835350

That’s a hard question to answer, as I’m not so very fond of big cities myself, but more a mountain and nature person. But the cities you already mentioned in your questions are certainly worth visiting. Cities I can suggest (a lot of travelling however in some cases): Zermatt, Lugano, Chur, and smaller cities like Brienz and Adelboden. No idea what you can fit into your plans, but checking a map of Switzerland will give you an idea of the cities I mentioned.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2012 at 0:37:41 #835351

Suddenly a thing struck me, that considering I have a Swiss Pass, I would be entitled to 50% discount in my ride from Engleberg to Mt Titlis. However wanted to check if this price would include the Ice Flyer ride cost and other attraction costs ?
    Also, if it doesn’t where can I check the individual prices for the same.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 March 2012 at 1:26:24 #835352

Hi prachi,

The Ice Flyer needs to be paid for seperately, and is not discounted. Prices can be found on http://www.titlis.ch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2012 at 1:32:28 #835353

Similarly, for Jungfraujoch do I need to pay separately for Ice Palace, visit to Aletsch Glacier, Sphnix observation terrace ?
    I tried looking on the Jungfraujoch website but could not find anything on the same.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    29 March 2012 at 4:49:11 #835354

Unless anything has changed: we never had to pay for the things you mention.

• The thread ‘The must see 8 Day Itinerary – April 2012’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.